Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Off to the Hospital

Yesterday, May 24th, Kathy and I (and Kinley) went to see Wicked with Kathy's family. It is the greatest play we have ever seen. After arriving home Kathy went upstairs to get ready for bed, but sleep wasn't on Kinley's agenda because around 12:45 Kathy's water broke. She handled herself with poise and after beginning the process of having her first child, grabbed her pre-packed bag and started CLEANING THE HOUSE!!! Meanwhile, I was running around the house trying to pack a bag (I procrastinate as well as Kathy prepares), attempting to convince Kathy to stop cleaning, and keep my heart-rate below 400. I succeeded at one - I left the house with a poorly packed bag.

We called Dr. G from the house to let him know the time had come and headed to the hospital. One good thing about leaving for the hospital after 1:00 a.m. is there are very few people to get in your way on the roads. We got to the hospital around 2:15. We were checked in and in our room around 2:30. Kathy and Kinley were immediately hooked up to monitors and we've been in a holding pattern since. Dr. G checked to see if Kathy was dialated, but unfortunately she was not. Kathy’s handling everything like a pro, and I continue to wonder how I could feel more useless.

No comments: