Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Night Update

It is now 1 am. Kinley's BP is still needing help so her dopamine level has been increased to 15 (that is the max.) They have also given her a dose of hydrocortisone (a steroid that helps to increase BP.)

Her most recent blood gas test came back with some great numbers. Her Ph and CO2 are still in good range and her O2 levels were at 339. Kinley is an oxygenating champ! How about that? I have two champs in my life. (Maybe I need to start pulling my own weight) I have got to be one of the luckiest guys ever.


As I said earlier, it is 1 am and I am having a hard time staying awake. To be honest, I have fallen asleep twice while working on the blog and once woke up to an entire line of the letter k. I should probably call it a night and start fresh tomorrow. One of the chaplains here at Children's Mercy, whom I met earlier, was kind enough to reserve one of the bedrooms here at the NICU for me to sleep in tonight. Good night Kinley, see you in the morning. Hopefully Kathy will be discharged from St. Luke's tomorrow so she can join us here.

No comments: