Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Morning as Parents

It is the morning of May 26th. I did not think that I would sleep for very long, but I must have been pretty exhausted because I slept for eight hours. I called Kathy as soon as I woke up to find out how she was doing and what she has heard about getting over to Children's Mercy. Kathy did not get such a restful sleep because she has begun pumping milk, which must be done every three hours, and the nurses kept waking her up to check her vital signs. Kathy's milk will be frozen until the time that Kinley is able to use her digestive system, this will not be until after her surgery. It really stinks that Kathy could not get a good nights sleep because she really needed it. She has been working so hard on such little rest for the past 36 hours. (I hope she does not try to steal Kinley's sedative medication when she gets here.) Kathy is planning on being discharged today, but her nurse is thinking that she will only be given a 3 hour pass to visit Kinley before she would be required to return to St. Luke's. The final decision will be up to her doctor, who will visit Kathy later this morning.

Kinley's new nurse for today is Phyllis. She informed me that Kinley's blood gases are still good. Her Ph is good, CO2 is 36 and O2 is over 300. Her BP, on the other hand, is continuing to be an issue.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hey Kevin! Congratulations, she is beautiful! You guys must be really proud. I'm happy to see she's a fighter! We'll be praying for you!

Jonathan

Brian and Cassi Reed said...

Sounds like everything is going well. I am the "mom to be" of a CDH baby girl as well due in August and we plan to deliver at St. Lukes as well.

I am praying for you that baby Kinley stays off ECMO and continues to keep her ABG's up! Will be following you guys closley.

our blog is: babygirlreed2be.blogspot.com

keep positive-
brian and cassi