Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kinley's first outing

We have taken Kinley on a few errands here and there, multiple times to doctor visits, and a couple of times we have brought her over to a friend's house, but yesterday was the first time we took Kinley for a real outing. We went downtown to the Plaza for the art festival. We had a good time and the weather was so nice. It was great to get out of the house and do something fun as a family. Since I had to work during the days this weekend, we went to the art festival in the evening. This meant that while we were out we had to start Kinley's tube feeding. This is not really a big deal. Kinley's tube feeding pump has a little backpack for traveling, so all that people really see is Kinley with her NG tube in, and a little white tube going from her NG to the little backpack. It was probably just my imagination, but I felt like so many people were staring at us. A couple of ladies even walked by, looked at Kinley, and then looked at each other and said "oh, that is so sad". I wanted to turn around and tell them that this was not sad at all!! Kinley is finally out of the hospital and we are getting to take her out and do something that "normal" people would be able to do with their kids. My sister said that people were probably staring because Kinley is so cute. I think I will just go with that. The only sad part to the whole outing was that we forgot the camera, so there are no pics to post. Sorry.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like we had a very similar weekend, as we were out on the Plaza last night too! Sofie gets stares sometimes when we go out too. I'm surprised it doesn't bother me, but it really doesn't. I totally agree with your sister that people are staring because Kinley is so cute! I sort of feel sorry for people who stare and make the "sad" comments to each other, because they have no idea how "un-sad" it really is! I'm so proud of her and so happy we get to go out and do normal things. Sofie has such a good time, so I say too bad to those who are missing out on her greatness! Kudos to you guys for being out and about and having fun.

Fer said...

It's so good to read that you went out and did normal things! It's sad for the people who doesn't understand, but don't let it bother you :)

Too bad there were no pics :(