Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday, August 19 - We are all very sleepy

Well, last night went about as well as the first night that we tried to do her 2 am feed. I know I set an alarm last night, but slept through it again. This is totally frustrating for me. I try to be the best mom and caretaker that I can be for Kinley, but I must be so exhausted (even more than I thought) because I have never been one to sleep through an alarm. In fact, I never really even hit the snooze button before all this, and I used to be somewhat of a morning person also. I will definitely need to call the discharge planner and Apria to see about getting set up to do more of a continuous feed at night.

After a rough start to the morning, Kinley's 5 am, 8 am, 11 am, 2 pm, 5 pm and 8 pm feeds all go as planned, nothing spectacular, but also no throw up. We are happy with that. I did call Kinley's social worker to see if we can get her set up in the Infant-Toddler program in Johnson County. This program would provide an occupational therapist to come out to our house and work with Kinley. I have been told that Kinley will qualify for the program and that someone will be out to our house early next week to evaluate her and get us started on the necessary paperwork. At this point hopefully they could work on Kinley's feedings as well as range of motion, rolling and tummy time. I also called Kinley's discharge nurse to see about getting set up to do continuous feeds at night, so hopefully I will hear back from her and we can get Kinley eating a little better.

Kinley has been pretty tired again today. Pretty much all she has done is eat and sleep, and if it weren't for me waking her up to eat I am sure she would have slept all day long. Now that we have been home for a couple of days and are starting to get into somewhat of a routine, Kevin and I need to start working with Kinley a little more doing tummy time. We have been so focused on her eating lately that we kind of forgot about tummy time. Maybe tomorrow she will be more awake and up for it.

The big news for today is that Kevin had to go to work for half a day. This meant that Kinley and I were on our own for a few hours. I was a little worried at first, but Kinley did good, so that made my job easier. I definitely like it when all three of us are home together though.

On a side note, Kinley has started to figure out where her mouth is and how to get her hand up to her mouth. I caught her a few times today sucking on her hand. That has to be some sort of milestone, right?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hang in there, you will catch up (a little) on sleep. Kenny's laughing now, because I have gotten a lot more sleep than he has since Sofie came home. Apparently all you have to do to get out of night duty is break a foot. You are doing great and so is Kinley for keeping all her food down today! And the hand to mouth thing is an important milestone - way to go Kinley!

The Millers

The Baldwin Family said...

Don't beat yourself up over the alarm thing! You are the best mom Kinley could ever ask for!
I know how exhausted I was when we brought Chase home and we were only dealing with 2 hour feedings (and I was nursing so Greg couldn't do much). I can only imagine how hard this is on you guys to not only keep up with feedings but also meds. Give yourself a break, you guys are great parents and have really been there for Kinley, you doing great job and it will get easier!

Fer said...

You are a great mom, but you are just too tired. It all hapened to us too. Kinley is blessed to have such wonderful parents and I can't wait to seee new pictures of her !