Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday, August 23rd - Daily posts coming to an end

For the most part things have remained the same around here, which is why I think we will slowly stop posting every day. Don't worry, if anything out of the ordinary happens we will let you know. We will also post on days Kinley has a doctors appointment or something like that. I just feel like the blog has been so repetitive the last couple of days that it doesn't make much sense to say the same thing over and over again. Kinley ate...Kinley was fussy...Kinley threw up or didn't throw up. For now, until the next post, you can assume that nothing has changed with Kinley.

To recap yesterday and the beginning of today though, Kinley is still eating every 3 hours and still throwing up what I consider to be a lot. She is throwing up about 2 - 3 times per day. (Kinley eats 8 times per day.) Kinley is also really fussy when we feed her. It is like she is in pain, so I am going to ask the doctor on Monday about increasing her Prilosec dose for reflux. It is not just with her oral feeds that she has been throwing up either. Last night her 5 am feed was solely through her NG tube. I started the feed at 5 am and it was done by 6 am. Around 6:30 am Kinley threw up. There is no consistency with her episodes of throwing up, which is one of the reasons it is so frustrating for everyone. Kevin and I have started a log to keep track of everything, so if there is a pattern to this madness we can figure it out.

I do think it is worth mentioning how I woke up this morning. Kinley had been looking at her dad all night, but just before 6:30 am she turned and looked at me. Within seconds I had throw up on my pillow and on my arm. I would have woken up if Kinley had just cried. I don't know why she felt the need to throw up. Out came her NG tube and Kevin and I were ready to start the day. It is hard to get mad at Kinley after she has thrown up because I can just tell she feels so much better afterwards. She always has a big grin on her face just after throwing up.

3 comments:

Kate M. said...

HAPPY 3 MONTH BIRTHDAY!!! I'm sending lots of b-day love your way. Hope you have a great day!

Fer said...

I am sorry Kinley is vomiting so much. If you have time, email me.
AND... happy 3 month bday!

Teda858 said...

I'm gunna have to agree with your Aunt Kate on this one! HAPPPPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope your having a nice relaxing day!