Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday, June 18th - More ups and downs

Today has not been what Kevin and I thought it would be, to say the least. We left Kinley's bedside last night at midnight when her oxygen saturation was in the high 90's and her blood pressure was normal for her. That is pretty much how she was all day yesterday, so it was a good day. We were feeling pretty good about her going into surgery. Today has been nothing like yesterday. Kinley's blood pressure has been pretty high all day and her oxygen saturation has been in the 80's and low 90's. I guess it is that CDH roller coaster ride of ups and downs that we have heard over and over again. Phyllis and Aja, Kinley's nurses for today, have been great at trying to keep Kinley calm so that her blood pressure doesn't stay too high and her oxygen saturation doesn't stay too low. Kinley is not making their job very easy today.

We did get some good news today though. While Kinley was bumped from surgery today, she is back on the schedule for 8:00 am tomorrow morning. Hopefully since she is one of the first surgeries of the day she will not be bumped again. I know that we asked for extra thoughts and prayers for the surgery that was scheduled for today, but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers again for her surgery that is now scheduled for tomorrow morning.

10 comments:

Amber said...

Kinley is always in my thoughts and I pray that she will be able to have her repair surgery tomorrow.

I will also pray that the crazy CDH roller coaster ride will finally began to slow down and Kinley can began to recover and hopefully be in your arms soon.

I know this whole thing is not easy. Stay strong and positive I will send all my positive energy from Portland,Oregon your way!

Kinley keep fighting I know who can beat CDH!

Owain's mommy

Amber

Jody said...

Stay strong! We had time today to gather more prayers to come Kinley's way for tomorrow. Love you, Jo

Jen said...

We'll be praying extra hard for Kinley tomorrow. Hang in there guys!

The Millers

Teda858 said...

Kinley, we all know you are in good hands at Children's Mercy. I will be thinking about you all day tm and wish you all the best in your surgery. I know you will do just fine, exspecially with your great parents there by your side and your excellent team of doctors and nurses! I can't wait to meet you and will be praying extra hard tonight and tm for you!

Teda

Cindy said...

We're praying for you Kinley! I hope you get to have your surgery in the morning.

Sladja said...

I am thinking about you all the time. All my hopes are for the surgery to happen today and that everything goes well. We can't wait to meet Kinley soon.
Love,

Sladja

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

You are in my thoughts this morning little Ms. Kinley. Postive surgery vibes headed your way.

Sofia's Friend

Megan

The Baldwin Family said...

We are thinking of you this morning. Stay strong Kinley! Mom and Dad too!

Unknown said...

Kathy & Kevin,

We've been keeping up with Kinley's progress every step of the way and are sending extra-positive thoughts to you during Kinley's surgery right now. Wishing strength for you all.

Love,
Scott & Susan