Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday, June 9th - No Signs of Sepsis!

Just a quick update to let everyone know that an infectious disease doctor just stopped by to see Kinley. He looked her over and did not see any signs of sepsis. He is just recommending that Kinley stay on her antibiotics for about 5 or 6 more days to make sure she is able to kick her pneumonia.

There was one other change for Kinley today. Dr. W decided to switch Kinley back to the conventional ventilator. This happened around 3:30 pm. The hope is that the new ventilator will help Kinley open up that upper lobe of her right lung.

On a brighter note, Kinley is getting one of her old toys back. The trial blood gas machine that she had before she went on ECMO is being set up again.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yay, Kinley - no sepsis! This is great news. Continued prayers coming your way for a speedy recovery so you can kick that ECMO machine to the curb!

The Millers

Kate M. said...

Oh my gosh I am so happy right now! I cannot even tell you. Everyone that knows about Kinley through me is praying for her. Thanks for the update!

Unknown said...

Hi! I have been following Kinleys' blog since she was born. I am Kenny's cousin, so I have been following Sofies' blog and found yours. Your babies are so strong! I have a 5 mo old healthy little girl and am oh so greatful. My heart goes out to these babies and you parents. I will keep Kinley and your family in my prayers along with Sofie, Kenny, and Jennifer! Keep hanging in there! Thank you for the posts!
Sara Jeffers and family

Amber said...

Hello my name is Amber and Ihave been following your blog and Kinley is in my thoughts and prayers everyday. My son was born with CDH this past January. I understand what you are going through and my heart goes out to your family. One thing I've learned from my son is these CDH babies are born to fight and they are strong.Hang in their Kinley you can beat CDH.

Amber