Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 30, 2008

Breathing Room Air (if only for a little while)

Just a really quick note because I am not sure how long it will last, but Kinley's vent is only providing her with 21% oxygen. That is the same as if she was breathing "room air." Hopefully she can maintain her blood oxygen saturation levels in the mid 90s.

That was short lived, but at least we know that Kinley is close. Katie had to turn the vent back up a bit because Kinley's blood oxygen saturation went down to the high 80s. Kinley was able to maintain the high 80s, but the doctors want her in the mid to high 90s. It looks like Kinley will be dancing around the 21% "room air" mark. She is currently at 23% from the vent and she is sating in the mid 90s. It is funny to see what a difference 2% can make.

4 comments:

Brian and Cassi Reed said...

We are so excited for you all. Kinley- you are doing amazing..you will be off the vent in no time I am sure of it. As for mom and dad-I am sure I speak for everyone- we are going to need to see pictures of beautiful Kinley in your arms. I am so excited for all of you. I will be checking your blog at work tonite just in case! The three of you are so strong.

Extra thoughts and prayers for an amazing week of progress!

The Reeds

Jen said...

Kinley is really sprinting towards that "going home" mark! This is all such great news. I'm anxiously waiting to see pictures of Mommy & Daddy holding Kinley very soon!!

The Millers

Amber said...

I am so excited for the three of you finally you get to hold your sweet little girl!

She is adorable I love the picture with her eyes open.

Amber

Fer said...

Almost there! Soon you will have her at home.