Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Slow week, busy weekend

Did I catch your attention with the super cute picture? The picture is courtesy of Kinley's Great Aunt Karen. She took this picture last weekend while visiting Kinley. Kinley is very lucky that most of Kevin's extended family lives in the area and has been able to visit Kinley a few times already, however my extended family lives in Minnesota. Last weekend three of my aunts made the 8-11 hour drive down to Kansas to meet Kinley for the first time. As you can tell from the picture Kinley loved all the extra attention!

On Saturday night Kinley had her second birthday party to go to. Yes, she is quite popular already. I think we will have our hands full when she gets a little older. Kinley's friend, Brecken turned 1 and his parents had a little celebration for him. Kinley did really well at Brecken's house. We had to start her tube feed shortly after arriving, but that is no big deal for us anymore. Kinley watched Brecken open his gifts and then it was cake and ice cream time. We sang "Happy Birthday" to Brecken and watched him eat a piece of cake. I guess Kinley thought that if we were not going to let her have any cake or ice cream, then she was not going to let us have any either. Just then Kinley let out a little cough, the kind of cough that Kevin and I recognize as "I am about to throw up, so if you don't want a huge mess on your hands you better find a sink pretty quickly". I was holding Kinley at the time, so I made my way to the bathroom and made it in time I guess. I was able to stop Kinley from throwing up on the floor, but she did get both of us a little dirty, and the rest made it in the sink. The NG came out, so we had to stop her tube feed. Needless to say, Kevin and I did miss out on the cake and ice cream. We left shortly after Kinley threw up to go home, clean up, put the NG back down and restart the tube feed. Even though we had to make an early exit it was still nice to get out of the house with Kinley and see friends. Though the last couple of outings have been a little rough, we are still thankful that we were able to take Kinley out for a little while. (If you don't remember, the first birthday party that Kinley went to a couple weeks ago went well up until the point she threw up and we had to leave that party also.) Oh well, it was fun getting out while it lasted and we are not about to stop trying. Kinley deserves to get out and have some fun!

4 comments:

Fer said...

Sorry for the throw up at the party. I guess as they grow up you start recognizing the signs. I remember when Juan Pablo used to vomit 12 to 15 times a day, I was able to reach the WC on time ;)

Jen said...

Sorry Kinley had to feel bad and be a party puker, but good for you guys for getting out for some fun and some socialization for Kinley. I love the new picture. She looks like she's having so much fun!

Teda858 said...

Can anyone say Gerber baby? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! I know how it feels to be the one always throwing up, but don't get discouraged! Looks like you had a good time with your great Aunts!

Dear6993 said...

Dear Kinley,

What a treat to finally meet you! You are such a sweet baby girl, and so so so adorable. Your blue eyes and that big smile melted my heart. You are such a miracle baby, and it is amazing that you are as healthy as you are today! I loved seeing your 'fluffy' little cheeks and thighs. Keep up the progress with your eating and gaining weight! I am sorry that I only took 148 pictures of you on Friday! But I thought your eyes needed a rest from the flash. Everyone in Minnesota agrees that you are BEAUTIFUL! When you get bigger and stronger, you can come to visit us!

I am so glad that you have your grandparents and your aunts right there to help your Mom and Dad out. You are so loved, and bring so much joy to so many people. God bless, you Sweet Girl. You are in our prayers. Love, G.Aunt Karen