Born May 25th, 2008
2:59 pm
6 pounds 13 ounces
Length 19 3/4 inches

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday, July 8th - A Rough Night

I (Kathy) received a phone call from Dr. J at Children's Mercy around 3:00 am. Kinley had an "episode" around 2:00 am. I was told by Dr. J that Kinley's oxygen had dropped really low, really fast, after she got her methadone dose and that she had to be "bagged" in order for her oxygen to come back up. Kinley also received another dose of the inhaled epinephrine during the ordeal to see if that would help her breath at all. Dr. J assured me that she was fairly stable at the time she called me. Kinley's oxygen did have to be turned up to 70% however. It was at 21% before the episode, so that was a disappointing setback. This whole ordeal was a big blow to Kevin and I after she had made such great progress during the day.

1 comment:

mummy to angel SKYLA said...

Comin Kinley, keep fighting darlin. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I know how much of a rollercoaster ride this is. Hang in there all of you.
Kristy (mummy to angel SKYLA,LCDH 13/10/07-13/06/08)